14th Feb 2017 | Nº 27263
Petra Collins is the candy-floss haired photographer who has suffused the New York art scene with her beautiful, ethereal, haunting and provocative images. At just 24 years of age she boasts a cult following on Instagram (over 400,000) and some impressive fashion connections (as one of Alessandro Michele’s muses, Petra has appeared in campaigns and on catwalk for Gucci.
A long time friend and collaborator of publishing prodigy, Tavi Gevinson, Petra’s work follows similar themes of youth culture, girlhood and body positivity. Think a teenager’s face lit up by their mobile phone, girls in a school locker room or neon light installations. A brazen feminist, she uses her work as a platform for female empowerment. This is one creative soul and her personal style represents the very best of bohemian, laid back cool. Just like her artwork, everything she wears seems to tell a story. One of nostalgia that whispers to a lost Americana.
Here we round up 4 essentials inspired by her style and work.
The worn-in tee
With her Studio-54-esque hair, Petra can work a 70s vibe like nobody else – pairing a simple, low key tee with some high-waisted Levi jeans for ultimate old-school appeal. This slouchy black & white striped tee by Iro, is perfectly worn in – just the way she would like it.
The tea dress
Languidly posing in meadows and gardens, with sunlight deeply saturating the camera film – Petra’s portrait often takes on a dream-like quality. Channel her fantasy world with this corn blue number by new designer Rejina Pyo.
Vintage with an old-world charm. Bright colours and big frames – pick up these oily blue pair by 3.1 Phillip Lim to complete the look.
In contrast to her ethereal, flower-child aesthetic Petra’s not often seen with a pair of clodhopper boots. Big, laced-up and round toe styles or beaten up cowboy boots are the perfect balance. Alexander Wang’s Anouck boots were made for walking – whenever adventure takes you.
HOW TO RETURN OR EXCHANGE:
Making a return or exchange is easy. Just make sure you send us an email to email@example.com, with your order number, and send your item(s) back to us within 15 days of shipment.
- When placing an order, you should have received a confirmation email containing a summary of your order and order number, e.g. “SNIP-1234”. This order number must be referenced when initiating a return. Please send this number to firstname.lastname@example.org, from your registered email, explaining why you wish to send your item(s) back. If an item is faulty, please provide details.
- Sale merchandise, jewellery, tights, hats, and leggings are Final Sale and cannot be returned.
- If you have a question as to whether something can be returned you can email us at email@example.com.
- Items must be returned in original, unused, and unworn condition, with tags attached and must be approved by M PROJECT.
- Do not return any product(s) until you have received an email response from us acknowledging your desire to return the item(s).
- The customer is responsible for all shipping costs of returns unless an error was made by M PROJECT. We will not accept CODs. Exchanges will incur additional shipping charges.
- You need to provide the Air Way Bill or Shipment Tracking Number via email in order to track the return.
- If you'd like to exchange an item because the fit isn't right, provide us with the replacement size.
- To request a refund, select how you would like to be credited. This needs to match the original payment method used. Please note, store credit is valid for one month from issue date.
There is no charge to exchange items for a different size, however all exchanges are based on stock availability. Shipping is also free on the replacement item, but if you are based outside the KSA you will need to pay duties on this.
Simply send us an email, quoting your invoice number, to firstname.lastname@example.org, and specify the new size you require.
If you selected PayPal when you placed your order, any applicable taxes and duties on your exchange should be paid with your debit or credit card.
Please note that we are only able to offer size exchanges. If you wish to exchange your item for an alternative style, we suggest that you return it for a store credit and purchase the new piece separately.
We recommend that items are returned from the same country to which they were delivered. This ensures that your return is covered by our free returns policy and reaches us promptly. Orders sent back from a different destination may incur additional charges or be delayed by customs.
RECEIVING A REFUND:
Your refund will be credited to the original payment method or as store credit to your M Project account.
Please note that refunds can take up to 15 working days to show on your account due to varying processing times between payment providers.
Your item(s) should be sent back to us within 15 days. Returns outside these timeframes will not be accepted.
Items should be returned new, unused, and with all M Project and designer garment tags still attached. Returns that are damaged, soiled or altered may not be accepted and may be sent back to the customer.
Order number must be declared with return to ensure proper tracking. Unidentified returns may be returned to the sender.
All shoes must be tried on a carpeted surface until you are certain you are keeping them. Shoes should be returned unmarked and in their original, undamaged shoe box as this is considered part of the product. Shoes that are returned without a box, in a damaged box or with marked soles may not be accepted, and may be sent back to the customer.
LINGERIE & SWIMWEAR:
Briefs, swimming costumes and bikini bottoms should be tried on over underwear, without removing the protective adhesive strip. Returns may not be accepted if this strip has been removed or if items are soiled, and may be sent back to the customer.
We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products that appear on M PROJECT. However, as computer monitors vary, we cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of any colour will be completely accurate.