20th Dec 2016 | Nº 26631
Well, 2016 certainly has been quite a year. One of lows, lowers and face palms. If ever there was a time for escapism, this is it. Luckily the television gods have not disappointed us. They've been serving up some of the most addictive, gripping, zeitgeisty entertainment ever. In an era of Netflix and streaming, it’s unusual to have so many people watching the same stuff at the same time. Only the most outstanding programmes provoke shockwaves of excitement that resonate through social feeds and reverberate in daily office chats. This is TV that rivals film in terms of sheer scale and impact. And, with TV this good, cosying up on the couch is so much more than reality-defying hibernation. It’s culture. And designers seem to agree. There were cult fashion moments on and off screen as characters’ style was paralleled on the catwalks. Here we take a look at four television faves from the past year and the fashion they inspired.
Game of Thrones
Winter is coming. And this epic, sweeping fantasy drama of warring families and actual dragons makes for perfect cold weather sustenance. Fur and animal skins are the order of the day in Westeros. Unleash your dark side with a Cersei inspired Martin Margeila trench and Kamuski diamond encrusted Bone Bangle.
It’s futuristic…but it’s a western…but… there are robots. This incredible masterpiece from director Jonathan Nolan features a slew of big-names (Anthony Hopkins, Ed Harris, Thandie Newton, James Marsden and Evan Rachel Wood) in a cowboy-themed park full of robotic ‘hosts’ to entertain wealthy guests. Yee-haw clothing made a comeback this year too with spar-spangled Americana, gingham, prairie dresses and cowboy boots seen everywhere. Play the part in Tibi's midi shirt dress or Rag & Bone's tie front chambray skirt.
One of the most captivating odes to the 80s we’ve seen in a long time, this sci-fi drama is like The Goonies, ET, The Thing and Stand By Me all rolled into one. Cue retro synth and comic-style graphics! There was an explosion of 80s styles on the fashion scene from pie-crust blouses and puffa jackets to corduroy everything. Channel everyones favourite character, Barb, with an MSGM ruffle bomber jacket and Tibi pom-pom knitted sweater.
This lavish Netflix drama charts the life of Queen Elizabeth II from the 1940s through to modern times. Romance, intrigue and political rivalries are made all the more interesting because they are rooted in fact. Fancy ascending the throne? Slip on a pair of deumure, yet sparkling block heeled Bionda Castana pumps and MSGM's pretty pastel tulle dress and your subjects will be bowing and scraping in no time.
HOW TO RETURN OR EXCHANGE:
Making a return or exchange is easy. Just make sure you send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your order number, and send your item(s) back to us within 15 days of shipment.
- When placing an order, you should have received a confirmation email containing a summary of your order and order number, e.g. “SNIP-1234”. This order number must be referenced when initiating a return. Please send this number to email@example.com, from your registered email, explaining why you wish to send your item(s) back. If an item is faulty, please provide details.
- Sale merchandise, jewellery, tights, hats, and leggings are Final Sale and cannot be returned.
- If you have a question as to whether something can be returned you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Items must be returned in original, unused, and unworn condition, with tags attached and must be approved by M PROJECT.
- Do not return any product(s) until you have received an email response from us acknowledging your desire to return the item(s).
- The customer is responsible for all shipping costs of returns unless an error was made by M PROJECT. We will not accept CODs. Exchanges will incur additional shipping charges.
- You need to provide the Air Way Bill or Shipment Tracking Number via email in order to track the return.
- If you'd like to exchange an item because the fit isn't right, provide us with the replacement size.
- To request a refund, select how you would like to be credited. This needs to match the original payment method used. Please note, store credit is valid for one month from issue date.
There is no charge to exchange items for a different size, however all exchanges are based on stock availability. Shipping is also free on the replacement item, but if you are based outside the KSA you will need to pay duties on this.
Simply send us an email, quoting your invoice number, to email@example.com, and specify the new size you require.
If you selected PayPal when you placed your order, any applicable taxes and duties on your exchange should be paid with your debit or credit card.
Please note that we are only able to offer size exchanges. If you wish to exchange your item for an alternative style, we suggest that you return it for a store credit and purchase the new piece separately.
We recommend that items are returned from the same country to which they were delivered. This ensures that your return is covered by our free returns policy and reaches us promptly. Orders sent back from a different destination may incur additional charges or be delayed by customs.
RECEIVING A REFUND:
Your refund will be credited to the original payment method or as store credit to your M Project account.
Please note that refunds can take up to 15 working days to show on your account due to varying processing times between payment providers.
Your item(s) should be sent back to us within 15 days. Returns outside these timeframes will not be accepted.
Items should be returned new, unused, and with all M Project and designer garment tags still attached. Returns that are damaged, soiled or altered may not be accepted and may be sent back to the customer.
Order number must be declared with return to ensure proper tracking. Unidentified returns may be returned to the sender.
All shoes must be tried on a carpeted surface until you are certain you are keeping them. Shoes should be returned unmarked and in their original, undamaged shoe box as this is considered part of the product. Shoes that are returned without a box, in a damaged box or with marked soles may not be accepted, and may be sent back to the customer.
LINGERIE & SWIMWEAR:
Briefs, swimming costumes and bikini bottoms should be tried on over underwear, without removing the protective adhesive strip. Returns may not be accepted if this strip has been removed or if items are soiled, and may be sent back to the customer.
We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products that appear on M PROJECT. However, as computer monitors vary, we cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of any colour will be completely accurate.